We got this fine bit of information from one of our socialist friends....
It’s that time--time to vote for the next president of the United States and a lot of other important political offices and ballot initiatives.
We’re already hearing about long lines, and want you to be prepared to stay in line and have your vote count. The longest waits will surely be on Election Day ( ), so if you are able to vote early in your state you may avoid the worst of it. Click here to see if you qualify for in your state.
If you do encounter long lines, here are some ways to have fun and ensure you can vote:
- Go with friends and/or bring phones, iPods, lawn chairs, food, reading materials, proper clothing, etc.
- Don’t believe the polls if they say a candidate is winning or losing. They've been wrong before.
- Notify your work or school you might be delayed. Turn out will be large on both sides, and delays are already expected.
- If you are a new voter or voting in a new location, verify your vote and BEFORE you head to the polls -- don’t wait on line only to have a problem.
- You can do both by calling your local County Election Office or contact
- Or, use the Google Map voter tool.
- Help others stay in line too. Bring food, drink, music, reading materials to share.
- Make sure to take this number with you so that if you encounter any problems, you can talk to nonpartisan election lawyers who can help: 1-866-OUR-VOTE or be sure to request a .
- If you do run into any problems at the polls, Video The Vote and document election problems as they occur.